My Vision for North Port
I see my city thriving. I see it full of people whose hearts are ablaze with purpose and whose intentions include being part of this beloved Community of North Port. I envision us looking out for one another with compassion and understanding that we are all connected. Caring for one another strengthens our social bonds and wherewithal. Because of this shared intention, we have the shared experience of thriving. We make the stand here for public policy that focuses on the ideal that helping people and planet thrive is essential to successfully navigating the inevitable challenges and opportunities of modern life. Sharing this intention and working together, we can create and further foster:
- A Kindness Community whose North Star is civility.
- An engaged and inspired community whose positivity, flair and energy fuel progress and adaptability.
- A community whose citizens understand that while the government exists to serve them, it is their responsibility to actively participate in it. This form of advanced citizenship includes but is not limited to, volunteerism, serving on City boards, and advancing ideas for problem-solving in the Community.
- A proud sense of community and active community-building that invites and nurtures diverse people and ideas.
- A shared vision that essentially facilitates the community’s aspirations and balances the creative tension between stewardship of our area’s natural environment and the opportunities presented by growth.
- Best practices for mentoring leadership in our youth. That they are the future is not hyperbole.